As an entrepreneur, sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. You start working early in the AM and suddenly it’s the wee hours of the evening and you’ve still got tasks on your to-do list. There are tons of tools out there for managing your time and getting it all done. But sometimes, the apps are just not enough.
Here are some personal productivity hacks that can help you get the most out of your day:
5. The Two Minute Rule: If a task comes up and you can do it in two minutes, then do it immediately. It’s a simple rule from time management pro David Allen, and it helps get the little things out of the way quickly.
4. The Pomodoro Technique: This time management technique basically separates work into 25-minute periods with short breaks between, relying on the idea that your mind works better when you let it rest.
3. No Meeting Wednesdays: Asana has no meetings on Wednesdays, an idea borrowed from Facebook, so that people can work continuously without interruption.
2. The Eisenhower Matrix: This method relies on organizing your tasks into four quadrants: urgent and important, not urgent and important, urgent and not important, not urgent and not important. It’s a visual that allows you to really see what needs to be done now and what can be done later.
1. Walking Meetings: LinkedIn (LNKD) CEO Jeff Weiner takes one on one meetings outside, as a way of getting some exercise while being productive even when he’s not in the office.
Which productivity hacks work best for you? Let us know!