Hello, world. This is Saar and Jessica, and this is the first blog post for FounderDating. We meet super talented people all the time who want to become entrepreneurs but they haven’t yet found the right co-founder(s)/team or idea to work on.
For some time now, we’ve have been meaning to put together an event for potential founders to connect with other potential founders and people with ideas and problems that they want to solve. All too often you know people with similar backgrounds and skills sets to your own. We want to help you find team members with complimentary skill sets.
The hope is that FounderDating makes it easier to meet a co-founder or founding team, discover or refine ideas and problems, and lower the hurdles to company creation.
Not unlike our friends who throw dinner parties for their single friends to meet each other, our hope is that FounderDating brings out interesting people who are at least open to starting a new company or side-project.
You should come if you are looking for a full-time or meaningful part-time project to work on. You should not come if you are not interested/available to start a new company.
If you still haven’t figured out if this event is for you…Please ATTEND if:
- You have a specific idea that you would like to work on
- You are a superstar who likes your current job but might be open to joining a founding team for the right opportunity
- You have a business problem that you would like someone else to solve and would be willing to advise a founding team
This event if NOT for you if:
- You are not interested in building something new.
- You are not committed to working on a full-time or meaningful side-project.
Can you invite other people?
Only invite them if they kick-ass and you would join them in a startup or write a check out of your bank account to fund their next company.
What else is important to know?
The Rules of Dating:
- Be Committed: If you’re just interested in seeing what’s out there and not really ready to make a commitment to either a full-time gig or meaningful side project, this is not an event for you.
- Don’t Meet and Tell – we take confidentiality very seriously. We promise to keep all information/identities disclosed completely confidential, but by attending the event you do as well.
Have questions? Ping us at saarsaar at g mail dot com or firstname.lastname@example.org