FounderDating is a network of talented entrepreneurs with different backgrounds and skill sets all ready to start their next company or project. All too often you know people with similar backgrounds and skills sets to your own. We help you find cofounders with complementary skill sets. Key to our network is:
- High quality – everyone is screened by knowledgable, experienced ManagingDirectors
- 50% engineers.
- Reach – an online network that spans across many cities and countries
- No idea necessary – you don’t need an idea to apply, your idea will change the people won’t
Who Should Apply?
FounderDating is for those who are truly committed or ready to commit to starting a company full-time or a very meaningful part-time project to work on. FounderDating isn’t about finding a job, it’s about finding your passion.
Please apply if:
- You are a superstar who likes (or doesn’t like) your current job, but is open to joining a founding team for the right opportunity
- You have a specific idea that you would like to work on, but don’t have the right partner(s)
- You are an aspiring entrepreneur open to trying new ideas with the right mix of people (e.g. it’s OK if you don’t have THE idea yet)
You should NOT apply if:
- You are not interested/available to start a meaningful side-project (or company) in the very short-term.
- You are not interested in building something new.
- You have a company and a founding team, you’re just looking for people to work there.
- You are a service provider looking for business.
- You’re an investor looking for leads. There are some great ways for investors and founders to meet, this just isn’t one of them.
We take the time to review and reference each and every application that is submitted and have a community of impressive entrepreneurs ready to start their next side-project or company. Finding that right person is invaluable, but we charge you less than you pay for your business cards or annual github account and you get: access to the network – both online and offline at our new member kickoff and member group discussions.
Rules of Dating
Be Committed — If you’re just interested in seeing what’s out there and not really ready to make a commitment to at least a meaningful side project (you do NOT have to be ready to quit your job today), this is not the community for you.
Don’t meet and tell — We take confidentiality very seriously. We promise to keep all information/identities disclosed completely confidential, and by joining you do as well.
How It All Started…
Like so many good ideas, FounderDating was born out of a cup of coffee (or maybe it was diet coke) and personal frustration. We have met countless uber talented people who want to become entrepreneurs but haven’t yet found the right co-founder(s)/team or idea to work on. We believe team and finding the right fit is of the utmost importance and we don’t want to see anyone walk away from entrepreneurship because they don’t have the right partner. So, we started FounderDating to help introduce smart, dedicated and inspired people, start making matches and lower the hurdles to company creation.